Monday 28 June 2010

Abiding

The nightingale would be robbed of its song
If it heard this sigh of deepest despair,
And all the heads of the springing snowdrops
Would hang lifeless, inert in our Sun’s glare.

Death is what gives life to my flowering
Sorrow. It paints the midnight hour black and
Presents dawn with light for later morning
So that life may extend, but Death is the

End. Sometime I will see through the veil
Of truth to define my uncertainty
And see, without eyes, the image of Truth
When I am robed in man’s eternity.

But I wish to not part with Time just yet,
And become a part of its ticking face,
For I stir a love of greatest regret,
That singes my soul, longing to be chaste.

So when the flame of your candle is blown
Out by the whisper of Death, relight it
And see the life of your silver breath shown
In cold darkness, and fear Death, no longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment